Due to the forecasted rain, Saturday Clean Up at all sites is CANCELLED. We plan to do the Plastic Purge Clean Up at these 3 sites on Sunday: Site A Pequeu; Site B York Furnace; Site C Gamler’s Boat Yard.
THERE WILL BE NO CLEAN UPS this weekend at Site D McCalls Ferry Nature Preserve. If you were signed up for McCall’s Ferry location, please report to one of the other sites if you would still like to take part in the clean up on Sunday. THANKS!!
A large-scale, multi-location, multi-partner clean up event on the Lower Susquehanna River.
This year we are focused on the River at Lake Aldred which is the reservoir formed between the Safe Harbor Dam and Holtwood Dam. There are 4 locations to choose from including 1 on the Lancaster side and 3 on the York side.
Information for Plastic Purge Volunteers
- Please choose a registration location that is suitable for you. Feel free to come for as long as you’d like.
- You will be expected to sign in and sign out of the registration location you go to.
- Expect to get wet and dirty. You will have options to pick along the shorelines of islands, their interior, and along the land banks on both sides of the river.
- Please wear clothes you dont mind getting dirty and a sturdy pair of shoes or hiking boots. Please also pack dry clothes with you and be prepared for colder weather.
- If you have waders please feel free to bring your own, we will have hip waders available to get in the water and pick along the shorelines.
- All cleanup supplies will be provided (bags, gloves, pickers).
- Please bring your own reusable water bottle, we will have drinking water available to refill your bottle. Food/snacks will be provided.
2023 Plastic Purge Locations
Site A: Peqeau Boat Launch, Pequea, PA 17565
Site B: York Furnace Boat Ramp, Airville, PA 17302
Site C: Gamler’s Boat Yard, 211 Indian Steps Rd, Airville, PA 17302
Site D: McCalls Ferry Nature Preserve, RMH4 P7, Holtwood, PA 17302