Join us and our partners at Shank’s Mare Outfitters on Friday June 9th to kick off our ROCKIN’ FOR THE RIVER summer concert series to benefit Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper. THE J.C. FISHER BAND will perform their eclectic rock and blues music on the front porch overlooking the Susquehanna River.
Guests can enjoy the music from the lawn area beside the river. Please bring your own lawn chairs or blankets to make yourself comfortable, or come by kayak or boat and drop an anchor in front of Shank’s Mare. BYOB! THE KILTED GRILLER Food Truck will be there with a large variety of their delicious grilled sandwiches and sides. A portion of their sales will benefit our important work. Volunteers will circulate the crowd to sell raffle tickets and collect donations. All donations will benefit the efforts of Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association and their fight for clean water. We have just a couple guidelines for the evening:
• Please do not park on any lawn areas. There are three parking lots in the Lock 2 Recreation Area within a short walk to the concert, as well as a parking lot at Shank’s Mare.
• There is no admission for the concerts. but we encourage folks to support these events by becoming a member or giving a donation.
• Please patronize the food trucks and give the bands some love!
• You are welcome to bring coolers and beverages. Please PACK IN PACK OUT all trash – in other words take all your trash with you when you leave and dispose of it appropriately at your homes, not at public wastebins!
• All are welcome to enjoy great music from local bands outdoors on the banks of the Susquehanna River at Shank’s Mare.
We hope you will join us for this great evening of live music, food and appreciation of the beautiful Susquehanna River at Shank’s Mare.