Rockin’ for the River Benefit Concert – Shank’s Mare
July 8 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Shank’s Mare continues their summer benefit concert series ROCKIN’ FOR THE RIVER with live music on their front porch overlooking the Susquehanna River. All to benefit two worthy organizations, Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper and Susquehanna National Heritage Area, who work to preserve and enhance our beautiful Susquehanna River.
Friday, July 8, 2022, 6-9pm
Band: “The J.C. Fisher Band” eclectic rock and blues
Food Truck: The Kilted Griller, delicious grilled sandwiches and sides
Bring lawn chairs and blankets and make yourself comfortable on the lawn, or come by kayak or boat and drop the hook in front of Shank’s Mare. We will have food trucks on site with a portion of their sales benefitting the cause. Volunteers will circulate among the crowd collecting donations and selling tickets for our kayak raffle. All proceeds will benefit the clean water efforts of The Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper and Susquehanna National Heritage Area’s historic tour boat, the Chief Uncas. We have just a couple guidelines for the evening:
- Please do not park on any lawn areas. There are three parking lots in the Lock 2 Recreation Area within a short walk to the concert, as well as a parking lot at Shank’s Mare.
- There is no admission for the concerts, but please be prepared to make donations to our worthy river causes.
- Please patronize the food trucks as they will add to the donations for our non-profits.
- You are welcome to bring coolers and beverages. Please PACK IN PACK OUT all trash – in other words take all your trash with you when you leave and dispose of it appropriately at your homes.
- All are welcome to enjoy great music from local bands outdoors on the banks of the Susquehanna River at Shank’s Mare.
We hope you will join us for this great evening of live music, food and appreciation of the beautiful Susquehanna River at Shank’s Mare.